- Saturday Oct 1st | Kala Sangam, Bradford | 11am & 1pm | Tickets
- Saturday Oct 8th | ARC, Stockton-on-Tees | 11.30 & 2.30pm | Tickets
- Saturday Oct 15th | Northern Stage, Newcastle | 10am & 2pm | Tickets
- Saturday Oct 22nd & Sunday 23rd | The Egg, Bath | 11.30am & 3pm | Tickets
- Wednesday Oct 26th | Queens Hall, Hexham | 2pm | Tickets
- Friday Oct 28th | The Montgomery, Sheffield | 2pm & 5pm | Tickets
- Saturday Nov 12th | Proteus, Basingstoke | 2pm & 4.30pm | Tickets
First previewed at Kala Sangam for schools and public audiences, October 2021. Check out the production pics from 2021 here.
Running Time: 50 min.
Audience: For families with children aged 5+.
Genre: Physical theatre, dance, music, comedy.
Themes: Grief/how to cope with missing someone.
A new surreal, physical theatre show with lots of laughs, tears and musical surprises…and bouncy poo!
Raheem finds himself in his childhood home one evening, packing away items into boxes. Steve, an old feathery friend turns up to help the son pack but ends up making an absolute magical mess of his memories!
It’s a joyous, energetic, roller coster of a show, about the fun times we spend together, and how these memories stay with us forever.
Quotes (school and public responses)
“Just wanted to say thank you so much for Wednesday. It was AWESOME! The children loved every minute as did the staff!”
“Engaging , meaningful, inclusive”
“Connection, magic, humanity”
“The energy and tone was just right for the audience. Fun and Vibrant”
Creative Team 2022 Tour:
Performers – Alberto Dumba & Robin Ravi.
Writers & directors – Umar Butt and Jameela Khan.
Designer – Abby Clarke.
Lighting – Katrin Padel.
Composer – Ziad Jabero.
Technical Stage Managers – Ewen Roberts & Evie Oliver
Producer – Jameela Khan
The tour of Bird in The Window is supported by: